Sunday, October 19, 2008

Love Is A Many Splendid Thing

First off, my brother David and his darling Beth got married on Thursday. What a beautiful couple and what a beautiful day. Now I have friendly children, right? They saw the love between these two people and wanted to find a piece of this happiness. My charming son met a sweet little girl and the two instantly hit it off. Check out the pic of my boy and check out the eyes, the hands.
I think he's smitten... Never one to be outdone, my girl CC decided to get in on the action. She and a little friend circled each other for a moment. CC had a beautiful corsage and I thought for sure the two would get into a fight over it. Thank heavens for my brother in law and his camera, cuz the next thing I know the two gave each other a big kiss. Now everyone had had a lot of punch to drink...CC was pretty high on frosting. Still, love can be spontaneous and what better place than a reception, a celebration of two souls beginning life's journey together to bring out those moments of affection for another person.

9 comments:

Moneypenny said...

Alright, I am commenting on your page. I said I would. Congrats to your brother, even though I don't know him. Good to see you and Tony on Saturday. See you in a couple of weeks!:)

rubberbandgirl said...

This is a great post.
Ah, love...
Have you seen the movie Love is a Many-Splendored Thing?
William Holden, Jennifer Jones. I love Jennifer Jones. William Holden never deserves the girl, but its a great film.

trish said...

Dave's wedding was so much fun, and the reception was a blast!

Lara said...

That picture of your son is priceless! Looks like a fun family wedding!

Robin said...

How delightful that you were able to capture these moments in time. I wonder what wonderful devise we will have access to,to record events in the hereafter. The technology must be fabulous over there.

Beth W said...

rachel, i'm glad my nephew and niece in law had friends at the wedding. i absolutely LOVE the one of conner. it's so seductive :) glad to be in your family for real.

Shauna said...

What a beautiful day :)

Blaisn6 said...

So Cute!! I have to tell you... while my computer was getting to your blog I went to get some cookies out the oven and I heard Cole tell Kendall to come look at some pictures of Conner. Then I heard Cole say "Oh- that's a no on 8!!" I was laughing so hard!! Should I be sad or glad that my kids are dealing with and understanding prop. 8???

jojanwells said...

Rachel,
You've got such a cute family! It was fun to hang out with you guys, and it was nice that our kids could play together. :) Thanks for the cute pictures!

Janna W