Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How Do You Compete With A Chick In Four Wheel Drive?



Good news:


My daughter can sing.


Bad news:


Only dogs can hear it.


Good news:


No matter how high her range, she stays on key. She’s fabulous.

Incidentally, excuse the sideways video. This is one of my favorites EVER. I love how she prepares for a minute at the beginning and I'm pretty sure a little burp escapes during a high note...this makes me ridiculously happy.



Good news:


Friday is my son’s last day of third grade and he still has three pairs of uniform pants.


Bad news:


Wasn’t able to remove the pink bubblegum from out of his pockets. Retired the fourth pair.


Good news:


The other three are covered with red Popsicle, a ball point pen explosion, and one is just "holey". Though there was nothing holy about my reaction to any pair of these now tie dyed khaki catastrophes.

If they just can stay in one multicolored piece through Friday, we’re golden.


Good news:


My husband got a bonus for passing his big ole’ monster test.

Bad news:


Layla, the second wife with a muffler, got sick. The repair bill is more than the spouse with a stick shift is worth and will cost more than the bonus.


Good news:


Hubby got a deal and now like Seinfeld the whole exchange of money will make us even steven. Easy come…easy go.


Good news:


Scored U2 tickets.


Bad news:


The U2 concert is delayed.


Good news:


Now there’s a chance to sell them and earn $ for the wife with wheels.

I’m not jealous of her at all in case that wasn’t crystal clear.


Good news:


I found a clinic HERE in the valley to work with my TOS. Just got the OK from the folks in Denver. They know their stuff. This is HUGE. I would have loved to work with them for the last 5 years.


Bad news:


They aren’t preferred providers under any insurance plan, let alone mine. They are around $85 a pop and I should be going to them several times a week.


Good news:


Occasionally I do filing in my hubby’s office. Yes, I am a part-part-part time file clerk. Not sure my pay will cover this one, but I may be able to afford a quarterly tune up.


Great now I sound like the jeep…


Maybe Layla and I really are sister wives.


Sorry honey, both your girls need an overhaul.


And possibly a paint job.



At least one of us is a cuddler...

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You have had a lot of stuff going on! Sorry about the U2 concert. :(

Lyndy said...

Glad you're back Rach. Bummer about the car, etc. But hey, at least it's not snowing today, right?

mintifresh said...

Sigh..if only Layla did housework, then she'd totally be worth it!

I'm glad you found someone that can help with the TOS! Yay! That is awesome!! Sorry, they cost a bunch...hey, maybe you can do some part, part part time filing for their office and get a deal! :)

Lara Neves said...

Your daughter's range is impressive. She has a good future ahead as a coloratura soprano!

I'm glad you found a place to be treated. Money is just money...health is more important. :)

Jeana said...

You do have a lot going on. I hope both you and Layla feel better soon!

Cami said...

Such a great post.
We take the good with the bad.

Yeah, U2? Sorry. I just realized they were coming and then saw that Bono had back surgery. Decrepit thing...

Oh, i didn't listen to Ceecee yet.

Thanks again for tonight.

Cami said...

Oh I am giggling SO HARD!!!

She's adorable. I do not know how she's getting that high. It looks effortless.

Melissa said...

Hey, can I have your e-mail address to invite you to my blog (since I went private)? You can send it to me at melissabhowell (at) gmail.com.

Leslie Kay said...

Made. My. Day.

Christie Gardiner said...

This made me laugh! Lovin' your humor!

mintifresh said...

I've got something for you at my blog! :D

Stacey said...

You CRACK ME UP! I love your style :) You're daughter is so sweet! And maybe you do need an overhaul, but the paintjob is exquisite! Love you Rach!

I'm thinking it's about time to have lunch again...what do you think? I'm in the mood for laughing for a few hours :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What a great post!!! And I laughed so hard at that song!!! She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I cannot believe her range! Love it!

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

She sings so well! How does she hit those high notes?

lalalalalala!

I have a Layla at my house too. Must be her twin sister.

Enjoy life knowing U2 will one day fulfill thier promise and provide a concert!

too much fun at the Benjamins!!

Donna said...

That video of your daughter is too cute and funny!