Saturday, August 30, 2008
A Mosaic to Describe Yourself
Follow these directions and then post it to your blog!
1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search. http://www.flickr.com/search/
2. Using only the first page, pick an image.
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker. Go to http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php (choose four columns and three rows)
Type the answer to each of the questions below in the search line and choose a picture from the first page of results that come up. Then you click on the pic, copy the link into the mosaic website
1. What is your first name? Rachel
2. What is your favorite food? Pasta Salad
3. What school did you go to? BYU-Idaho
4. What is your favorite color? Red
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Kevin Spacey-weird I know
6. Favorite drink? Water
7. Dream vacation? Italy
8. Favorite dessert? Cinnamon Roll
9. What you want to be when you grow up? A Writer
10. What do you love most in life? Jesus Christ
11. One word to describe you? Passionate
12. Your nickname? Fire Woman
1. Perfume - Rachel Hurd-Wood in bed, 2. SouthWest Chicken Pasta Salad, 3. BYU-Idaho (14), 4. Summer Berries Red Current01, 5. Kevin Spacey, 6. Tap Water, 7. Italien - Venedig / Italy - Venice 1.625☺066 Wandeln in Historie - stepped in history, 8. Hot, homemade cinnamon roll, 9. writer's teeth, 10. Jesus Christ, Mormon Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah, 11. passionate sky and quiet sea, 12. Fire Woman Three.jpg
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
It finally happened. Conner's first day of second grade was on Monday. He absolutely loves it and is excited every day to go.
I love it too. Love the teacher, love the curriculum, don't love the pickup everyday. The whole process of commuting, and waiting our turn takes about an hour. Drop off is another 45 minutes. It's worth it though because we love this school so much.
CC is not used to being in the car as much as she has been this week and we took her seat out of the car and had it in the house last night and she walked over to it and was still sitting in it.
No honey, you don't have to be in your car seat anymore tonight. It will all start again tomorrow!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
I am requesting information regarding my hair. It just keeps growing and I am not sure what to do about it. The woman who cares for me seems unable to cope with or manage it well and unfortunately it ends up in my eyes. She will often try something cute, but I feel compelled to rip it out immediately thereafter.
I need an easier daily style to fit my lifestyle and mood.
Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong.
I begin washing it like this:
Then I style it so:
I end up with this hairstyle, but it only works for casual Fridays.
Any information you can give me would be much appreciated.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
My friend Jeana and I compared notes and we both met up with the same guy. He's an amazing writer, has a great wit and is adored by millions.
Our kids even liked him. Oh well, we will just have to share him with the world.
Jeana and I took the kids to see Taming of the Shrew down at the Shakespeare festival. We had a blast! It was so much fun to get away and both we and the kids had a great time! We are going to make it a yearly tradition.
Monday, August 11, 2008
A tiny tempestuous epiphany
An explosion of will
The life of the party without trying too hard
Passionate, manipulative, beautiful
A scream that eats at my soul
An ancient soul worthy of a seat
Around the stone tables of philosophy
Disarming in ability and insight
Fair, reticent, compassionate
Eyes that take me to my Maker
As Galahad of old, he seeks the grail
Of a prematurely wrinkled heart and deeply drinks
Unflinching he faces the storm
Velvet intelligence drips with ambition unfulfilled
His hand holds endless possibility